Monday, October 3, 2011

I'm skating by at about a 4 -

This is my new realization. 

Skating by at what you ask - parenthood. working full time. patience. keeping a house.

My husband and I are proud parents to two boys.  Connor is 3.  Liam is 4 months. 



Connor is in the hell stage that is the age of 3.  No listening, whining and tantrums galore!  It's only gotten worse since Liam made his appearance.  It got so bad this weekend he and I were both in tears.  I was reduced to ugly cry face. *sigh*.

Liam is a very chill baby.  So chill he doesn't care about sleeping at night.  He's up at least twice a night.  Which would be okay if I wasn't working, but I do.

My day generally starts at 5:00 5:30 5:50 when I get up to pump, feed the baby, get dressed, get two kids out the door and try to pull something for dinner by 7:15 when we leave for my parents house and I head to work for my 8:30 start time.  I get home around 5:15 and then we rush to do the dinner, play, baths, bed dance.  Frankly the lack of time stinks.  It depresses me when I think about it - so I don't think about it.

My house - well we try.  We do okay, but things could be better.  My husband is at least willing to help with chores.  More so if I ask him or tell him what needs to be done.  Otherwise he has no way of knowing that the pile of dishes needs to go in the dishwasher or the clean light on the dishwasher means they can be put away.  He suffers from your standard case of male blindness.  Male chore blindness is similar to this:




Which leads me to skating by at a 4.  I think I put up the appearance of having it more together - on a scale of 1 to 10 - I think I appear to be about an 8.  But in reality - I'm skating by...at a 4.

So - here is my foray into blogging.  Surviving motherhood. Work. Home.

~B

No comments:

Post a Comment